- Keep the refrigerator/freezer door slightly ajar.
- Place a box of baking soda in the refrigerator.
- Clean your refrigerator/freezer out thoroughly.
- Any moisture left in these items will cause mildew and damage
- Small/File boxes are best for these items
- Label the box to keep track of your documents.
- Remember you are going to carry these boxes, don’t over pack.
- Place boxes on top of pallets with plastic between the
box and the pallet.
- Items such as dishes, glasses, crystal, are best protected when packed in a dish pack box.
- Mark the box “fragile” to take better care
- Use wardrobe boxes.
- Inside the wardrobe box, wrap plastic cover around clothing.
- Lay down plastic tarp between furniture and floor of the storage unit.
- To economize, consider disassembling your furniture, if possible.
- Protect your furniture by covering. Wrap table legs for scratch protection.
- Stack chairs.
- Use dresser drawers to store small items.
- Use inside of cabinets to store small items.
Metal and Mechanical Items
- Drop a few drops of lubricant on items such as tools, bicycles, and rims.
- This will protect against rust and keep moving parts lubricated.
- Save your battery - disconnect it!